TeX Writer Todo List

TeX/LaTeX Editor and Compiler for iOS/Android.

TeX Writer Todo List

Postby litchie » 19 Oct 2012, 00:09

Here are some feature requests from users.

• http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Glossary
  • block comment/uncomment
  • e-TeX
  • auto-complete of commands
  • sync between pdf and tex
  • import .sty/.cls/.bib files.
  • hyphenation for western languages
  • Bluetooth Keyboard: shortcuts like command+Z, command/alt+left/right, FN-Up/Down as page up/down.
  • Opened File List/Swap between
  • customizable highlighting, especial in-between $$, \(\)
litchie
Site Admin

Todos from HeoaLov's Tweets

Postby heoa » 22 Oct 2012, 07:05

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: use Twitter and PAGE-CAPTURE -ipad app and PROCREATE to process bugs/feature-reports.

I have recommend to use Twitter instead of this forum because the Bug/feature/etc -list is quite long:

(ERR... For some reason, the Forum -picture-layout-picture-thing has some bug in handling large images, so use this URL:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96742826/Pictu ... ap.%29.png )

1. Corrections

Why not full TeXLive and one large TeX Writer? Manual modifications are bad, hard to debug! When I had wrong TeXInput entries, TeXWriter kept crashing...

0. UI[/b

0.1. New-File/New-Folder -glider -- make it possible to create a folder
0.2. Get document from DropBox -- make it possible to get any document from any DropBox dir

[b]1.1. Command-line

1. make glider to Type-command-here
2. remove unnecessary commands such as find, goto-line -- and move them to commandline with Vim -style commands i.e. ":10" go to line 10.
3. make the half-page-sized keyboard smaller: make glider to "Type command here" -line and "
4. COOL! improve this icon":|", it is very useful but make it more intuitive

3. Finger-adjust the multiple-page-preview (I need this for easy SCREENSHOTing with Home+power)

4. When PDF -page zoomed with Finger, do not make it go back! This is terrible for screenshotting, make it act like ProCreate with zoom/rotation.

1.2. Visual Selection

1. When visual selection over graphic, and then "begin{}" and then "figure" -- make it surround the visual-selection with it NOT OVER-WRITE.

2. When tap on the screen: open a pop-up ("1. Take a photo 2. Choose photo from Photos -dir 3. Choose photo from DropBox 4. From other App")

2. Feature requests

1. Evernote -support, Twitter -sharing, Facebook -sharing -- and "Open in Application" (see iCab Mobile, they have some partnership -program apparently)

2. Make it easier to write equations:

2.1. I want to write A/B --- type "\frac{}{}", write "A" then touch "some arrow button", then write "B", then press again some "arrow button" CREATE ARROW BUTTON to jump from enclosed curly-bracket to next curly-bracket

2.2. Copy-cat MatBot? Integration to TeX Equation?

3. Questions?

3.1. Why bookmarks? How are they supposed to work?

3.2. Integration to some TODO -program such as Appigo TODO or Pocket Informant Pro?

3.3. Make it easier to modify a photo: if photo a bad dot by accident, tap the photo in PDF and open PopUp to "Open in ProCreate" and "Open in Other Program". Possible?
heoa

Re: TeX Writer Todo List

Postby litchie » 22 Oct 2012, 11:46

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write such a long feedback list. Really appreciate it.

Now, I have gone through the list and pick up the ones that I can easily add:

- input a line number directly without using goto-line. But the goto-line command will be there.

- easier way to insert a photo by paste. This is a brilliant method you mentioned earlier.

- easier way to insert frac.

- New folder

We'll revisit the rest of the suggestions as we move forward.
litchie
Site Admin

Postby StephenLL » 24 Oct 2012, 04:37

Any chance of adding TextExpander Support?

With that the user can easily configure templates, snippets, etc...

And because it syncs, the same templates, snippets, can be used on the mac or other ios apps that support textexpander.

Thanks.
StephenLL

Postby litchie » 24 Oct 2012, 10:22

StephenLL wrote:Any chance of adding TextExpander Support?

With that the user can easily configure templates, snippets, etc...

And because it syncs, the same templates, snippets, can be used on the mac or other ios apps that support textexpander.

Thanks.

You can define more powerful text input helpers in tex writer.
litchie
Site Admin

Postby widget » 28 Oct 2012, 12:35

Any plans for a better UI? The extra rows of buttons and the command line as good looking as that in apps like daedalus touch or codea. I know it's not a big thing, but personally I just feel much more comfortable in a prettier app.
Also, I wish there would be a pure writing version of the app(without latex but with more powerful file management). I just love its editing functionality and want to do all my writing tasks with it. This would definitely blow textastic away.
BTW, forgive my poor English ;)

Best regards
Widget.
widget

Postby litchie » 28 Oct 2012, 15:10

widget wrote:Any plans for a better UI? The extra rows of buttons and the command line as good looking as that in apps like daedalus touch or codea. I know it's not a big thing, but personally I just feel much more comfortable in a prettier app.

I do think it is a big thing. It's just that I am more focused on the functionalities right now. Will hire professional designer to help the UI design in the future.

Also, I wish there would be a pure writing version of the app(without latex but with more powerful file management). I just love its editing functionality and want to do all my writing tasks with it. This would definitely blow textastic away.

Wow, I am very glad that you liked the editor. Textastic is a good one, so I am really surprised (in a good way) that you prefer TeX Writer:-)
We'll definitely think about it. Which part do you think we are doing better?
litchie
Site Admin

Postby widget » 28 Oct 2012, 18:02

litchie wrote:Wow, I am very glad that you liked the editor. Textastic is a good one, so I am really surprised (in a good way) that you prefer TeX Writer:-)
We'll definitely think about it. Which part do you think we are doing better?

Custom command is my favorite feature, and I also love the two rows of additional keys. Lacking of customization is what I dislike most about textastic.
widget

Postby Chuck1 » 28 Oct 2012, 22:01

Hello litchie,

The configuration option of the editor is really great, others like the caret cursor also.
Would it be possible to modify the configuration file from inside TeX Writer?

Concerning the TeX kernel I have some wishes, might be it is possible to include them in an upcoming version?
For some documents I would like to use the German hyphenation. I see your conflict to limit the size, but would it be an option provide different versions, e.g. one for the Chinese / Japan community with their language support included, one for Western Europe etc.?

Another problem I encountered, the Koma-Script package which is widely used in European region (at least, I suppose) is not supported because it requires the e-TeX kernel. Is there any chance that this will be supported by TeX Writer in the future?

For "normal" scientific and math documents TeX Writer is great as it is!
Best regards
Chuck
Chuck1

Postby litchie » 29 Oct 2012, 09:09

Chuck1 wrote:Hello litchie,

The configuration option of the editor is really great, others like the caret cursor also.
Would it be possible to modify the configuration file from inside TeX Writer?

Yes, v1.4 will let you edit any text file right in the app.

Concerning the TeX kernel I have some wishes, might be it is possible to include them in an upcoming version?
For some documents I would like to use the German hyphenation. I see your conflict to limit the size, but would it be an option provide different versions, e.g. one for the Chinese / Japan community with their language support included, one for Western Europe etc.?

Good suggestion. But I would like to provide such a package on the website so that you can install by yourself.

Another problem I encountered, the Koma-Script package which is widely used in European region (at least, I suppose) is not supported because it requires the e-TeX kernel. Is there any chance that this will be supported by TeX Writer in the future?

Will try it in future.
litchie
Site Admin

Next

Return to TeX Writer